Consent Letter for Children Travelling Abroad

The Consent Letter for Children Travelling Abroad is a form provided by the Canadian government for situations where a child is travelling without both parents.

If your child is traveling abroad alone, with only one parent, with friends of relatives or with a group, this letter should be filled out, signed by the absent parent(s) and brought along the trip.

While not a legal requirement, this letter simplifies travel for Canadian children as it can be shown to immigration officials in case there is controversy surrounding whether the child has full parental consent to leave the country.

As you can imagine, it can be particularly useful when there is an ongoing family conflict, such as a divorce.

*May not open in Google Chrome.