ME GERALD STOTLAND
B.A., LL.L., LL.B.
Me Gerald Stotland joined our firm in 2022 as an attorney of-counsel. He has been a member of the Quebec Bar since 1971 and is also a member of the Bar of Ontario. In addition, he is a certified mediator in Quebec and a trained arbitrator in Ontario. With extensive experience focusing on family law in both Quebec and Ontario, he is a valuable asset to our team.
Apart from his role as a litigator, he often provides legal support to lawyers and other professionals, particularly in business and financial planning related to divorce or separation.
Me Stotland is renowned in Quebec and outside Quebec for his legal and strategic expertise and his ability to win high-profile cases. He is highly regarded by his peers and by the Quebec judicial system.
In addition to his regular appearances before the courts of Quebec, he has also appeared before the courts of Ottawa, Toronto, Sault Ste. Marie, and Kitchener.
Me Stotland has written several articles for a variety of publications, including the Continuing Education Program of the Barreau du Québec, Canadian Family Law Quarterly, American Journal of Family Law, and Evidence in Family Law (Canada).
Moreover, he has been invited to speak at numerous bars, institutes, and societies, such as the Barreau du Québec, the Canadian Bar Association, the Bar of Montreal, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (Quebec), the Canadian Institute, the American Bar Association, the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the National Judicial Institute, the National Family Law Program, Lord Reading Law Society, Accountants Study Group, and the Barreau de l’Ontario.
Me Stotland has demonstrated unwavering dedication to the practice of law through his involvement with the Bar of Montreal and the Bar of Quebec, serving as both a board member and committee chairperson.
Me Stotland is fluent in English and French.
QUALIFICATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS & DISTINCTIONS
- Family Mediation Training, Florida, 2011
- National Federation of Law Societies, LL.B. equivalent, 1998
- Member of the Ontario Bar since 1998
- Member of the Quebec Bar since 1971
- Graduate of Université de Montréal, LL.L., 1970
- Graduate of Sir George Williams University, B.A., 1967
- Certificate in Family Law Arbitration, University of Waterloo
- Certified mediator in the province of Quebec
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Association des avocats et avocates en droit familial du Québec
- Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL)
- Family Law Roundtable (USA)
- Former president of the Jewish Rehabilitation Hospital
- Former president of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Canadian Chapter
- Former member of the Ethics Committee of the Jewish General Hospital
- Former President of the Family Law Section (Quebec Branch) of the Canadian Bar Association
- Former member of the Community Relations Committee of the Canadian Jewish Congress
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Ville-Marie Social Services Centre
- Former chair of the Judicial Compensation Committee, Canadian Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Family Law Mediation, since 2021
- Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory in the field of Family Law, 2018
- Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Family Law, editions 2006 to 2022
DO YOU NEED A LAWYER?
Make an appointment with a member of our team today.